Ye Olde Yellow Meeting House, located on Yellow Meetinghouse Road, off Route 526, dates to about 1737. Its earliest records, beginning in 1766, are in a 165-page handwritten “Church Book: Giving an Account of ye First Settlement & Progress of the Baptists at Crosswicks, or Upper Freehold.” In 1766, its forty-seven members organized into Crosswicks Baptist Church. In 1773, its name changed to Upper Freehold Baptist Church, located in Imlaystown since 1855. Since the 1991 restoration of Ye Olde Yellow Meeting House, including its yellow paint, it has accommodated special occasions for the congregation. The word Ye in its title should be pronounced the. Early movable type used the letter Y like the first two letters of the Anglo-Sacon character known as the thorn. Common abbreviations include ye (“the”), yt (“that”), and yn (“then”).